Frequently Asked Questions…

Got any questions? Give us a call or drop us an e-mail. We have put together some frequently asked questions that may save you the trouble.

What is film insurance?

Film insurance is a specialist policy that caters to film makers needs and covers all aspects of a production including rushes, cast, locations, technical equipment and more.

Who can you provide Insurance for?

Film/Media production companies | Videographers | Photographers | Cinematographers | Multi-media companies | Post Production | TV Production Companies | Studios | Media/Video Students | Film Producers | Sound Engineers | Amateur/Semi-Pro/ Pro Cameramen. Anyone taking part in a film, video or photo shoot !

What kind of productions can you insure?

We can provide production insurance for all kinds of needs and some include the following:

  • Short films
  • Feature films
  • Corporate videos
  • Branded content
  • Promotional videos
  • Music promos
  • Still photo shoots
  • Documentaries
  • TV shows
  • TV series
  • Animation
  • Student films

I’m making a film, what do I need?

As all film productions are different, we will discuss with you what is best suited for your film. Our film & media insurance package covers all aspects of a shoot.

What budget do we insure against for a media production?

Only insure pre-production costs, production and post-production costs spent or to be spent.

What is location insurance?

This is otherwise known as Public Liability Insurance and covers against damages to the location.

Do I need Employer’s Liability to cover unpaid cast or crew?

Yes, it is law that any individual working directly for the production company, whether paid or unpaid is covered for their health and safety.

What is ‘Loss of Hire Cover’?

In the event of a breakage or theft of the hired equipment, the hire facilty is no longer able to hire out the goods and therefore incur a ‘loss of hire charge’ (loss of income). ‘Loss of Hire Cover’ is an addition to property damage to hired in equipment.

What information do you need to insure hired equipment?

For all short-period hired in equipment we need to know the replacement value of the equipment, if the equipment hire company needs loss of hire cover, the type of kit being used and the names of places it is being hired from. All equipment which you are responsible for can be covered, including freelancer’s equipment as long as there is a hire contract for the equipment in place.

Is there a deductible/ excess if I need to make a claim?

Yes there are different deductibles for different covers – please check your policy schedule which will detail them next to the sums insured. For example, on a short period equipment hire policy the deductible is £250.00 before any claim can be made.

Do I need to fill out any forms?

On specialist policies, it is common that a completed proposal form is required. The table below provides a breakdown of when form completion is required:

Product Form completion

Production insurance
Hired in equipment insurance
Annual equipment insurance
Annual liability insurance
Office/ studio insurance
Travel insurance
Set construction insurance
Terrorism insurance
Kidnap & ransom insurance

Not required

Professional indemnity insurance
Errors & omissions insurance
Equipment hirers insurance
Drone/ UAV insurance
Essential element coverage insurance
Transmission interruption insurance
Weather cancellation insurance


When do I get my documentation?

Straight away. We send it via e-mail to your inbox in PDF format as soon as you have made payment.

Can I pay over the phone?

Yes. You can make payment by debit or credit card, we do not however accept AMEX.

If you have any specific questions that we have not covered, please gives us a call on 0208 805 2211 or drop us an
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
– we will be delighted to help with your query.